ONLINE RETURNS AND EXCHANGES POLICY
Your satisfaction is paramount to us. We will be glad to refund or exchange any new, unused merchandise within 14 days of the date of receipt from Carolee.com. Sale items are a final sale and therefore are not eligible for exchange or return.Merchandise returned between 15 and 30 days of receipt date will receive credit as an online gift card. Refunds will be made in the form of the original payment. Once your return is processed, a credit will be issued for the merchandise amount only. Please allow 12 - 14 business days for the refund to post to your account. Gifts can be exchanged for merchandise only and must be accompanied by a gift receipt from Carolee.com.
For your protection, ship merchandise insured mail and include your original receipt or a note with your order number, name, address, daytime phone number, and a brief explanation of the reason for your return. We regret that shipping and handling charges are not refundable. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries.
Carolee Web ATTN: Returns Department
606 Warsaw Road
Clinton, NC 28328
Carolee will offer one price adjustments per item for items that go on sale within 7 calendar days of invoice date. Please have your invoice # ready and contact Customer Service at 877-680-9017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we’re unable to match prices offered by retail stores or other retail websites, we only match prices offered on Carolee.com.
Carolee.com accepts the following payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Checks and money orders are not accepted. For security purposes, please do not send cash or include your credit card number in any email communication.
We are also pleased to offer AfterPay, a payment method where you can shop now and pay later through interest-free monthly installments. For more information on AfterPay, click here. For all product and order related questions, please contact Carolee at email@example.com or 877.680.9017. For payment related questions, please contact AfterPay directly at 855-289-6014 or visit their help center here. Please note Carolee cannot assist you with AfterPay related payments, or payment questions.
Each piece of Carolee jewelry will come in our newly redesigned packaging of lush gift boxes and keepsake jewelry pouches, made from recycled materials at no additional charge. This packaging is perfect for gift giving.
Applicable sales tax will be charged on the merchandise total for orders shipped to CA, DC, IL, MA, MO, NY, NC, and WA.
Carolee uses UPS as our preferred shipping carrier and offers free UPS Ground Shipping for all orders within the Continental United States.
UPS will not deliver to P.O. Boxes. The following charges apply to packages shipped in the continental United States.
Service Cost US Delivery Time
Ground Free: 3 - 8 business days
2nd Day Air $25.00: 2 business days when ordered before 1pm EST
Overnight $45.00: Next business day when ordered before 1pm EST
Shipping times are approximate and that 3rd Day, 2nd Day and Next Day Delivery refer only to delivery time and not to the time needed to prepare your order. While most orders are ready for shipping within 24 hours, some orders take additional time. Please allow 48 hours for processing.
Carolee uses UPS as our preferred shipping carrier. Once your order is shipped from our warehouse, you will receive an email notifying you of your tracking information.
PROCESSING AND DELIVERY TIMES
Orders are processed, shipped and delivered Monday through Friday only. Orders are not processed, shipped or delivered on national holidays. All orders placed on Saturday, Sunday or on a national holiday, will be processed the following business day. Order processing time includes item selection, handling, packaging and shipping. While most orders are ready to ship within 24 hours of placing the order, some orders take additional time. Please allow 48 hours for processing. All orders placed after 1pm EST will begin processing the following business day. We reserve the right to hold orders for verification.
Our collections consist of plated metal, which may darken or tarnish with normal wear as well as delicate components that should be handled with care. Unfortunately, we are not able to repair damaged items at this time. We will make every effort to replace a damaged item with the same (or similar) style or issue a merchandise credit in the form of a single use discount for items within 6 months of the date of purchase on Carolee.com. Please have your invoice # ready and contact Customer Service at 877-680-9017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org evaluation and further instructions. We will not accept items for evaluation that were purchased from an unauthorized retailer, sample sale or when the damage was caused by neglect, accident, alteration, or other factors. If you made your purchase through another authorized retailer, please first work directly with the retailer to initiate the replacement process. We will not replace items purchased outside of 1 year. After 1 year, any items returned to our headquarters will be sent back at the expense of the customer.
CAROLEE ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last modified January 2020
Thank you for visiting Carolee. We are committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information online.
Scope and information that this Privacy Statement covers
This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information (defined below) collected on our websites, cloud-based services, or controlled widgets embedded in communication platforms with a link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”). It covers how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process such Personal Information as of the date that this Privacy Statement is posted. It does not apply to any other information collected by Carolee through any other means. By “Personal Information,” we mean information that identifies or can identify you personally.
The Site contains links to third-party websites, including websites of our business partners. We do not own, operate or control the websites of such third-parties. Accordingly, this Privacy Statement does not apply to any websites maintained or operated by third-parties for the collection, use, storage, disclosure, or other processing of your Personal Information. When you click on those links, you will go to a third-party website where you will be subject to that website’s privacy statement and we encourage you to read that policy statement.
Note for California Residents
If you are a California resident, there are additional disclosures, rights and procedures that apply to you or from which you may benefit; please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents, below, for more information.
Summary of Key Considerations
We collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us or that we obtain while you are using our Services.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and designed to ensure correct use of Personal Information.
We use Personal Information to provide you with services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on our Site easier to, to contact you about our services, and to send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you, to perform data analytics, or for other purposes permitted by law.
Marketing and Choices
You have control on how we use Personal Information for marketing. To exercise your control in any marketing communication, please contact us at email@example.com for more information, or follow the instructions provided in the marketing communication, if applicable.
We share your Personal Information with our affiliates, external service providers, third party vendors, and/or other unaffiliated third parties for marketing and/or as otherwise necessary to perform transactions with you and manage our business.
Access and Data Subject Rights
Carolee understands that you may want to change, access, or delete your Personal Information. You may do so by accessing your profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Our Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside the US, your Personal Information will be transferred to the US, a jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of protection as your home jurisdiction. Cross-border transfer is, therefore, necessary for the conclusion or performance of a transaction that you are requesting, and for the establishment, exercise, and defense of legal claims. To the extent permitted by local law, your use of our Services or provision of any Personal Information constitutes your consent to the cross-border transfer of Personal Information and the other activities identified in this Privacy Statement.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at email@example.com.
We will provide notice of any material changes to this Privacy Statement by posting a prominent notice on our Site and/or emailing you.
If you have any questions not answered in this policy, our Privacy Officer may be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information to offer and enhance our Services, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, and our marketing partners. We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with or use services offered on this Site, such as when you:
- Visit our site;
- Sign up as a registered user on our Site;
- Sign up for our newsletter;
- Make a purchase or use a service on this Site or in store;
- Interact with our customer service personnel, by phone, email, or at one of our stores;
- Participate in promotions or surveys;
- Submit comments, reviews, or other user-generated content; and
- Connect or interact with us through social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
Depending on how you interact with us, Personal Information we collect may include:
- Identification and contact information (including name, postal or billing address, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number);
- Username and password for Sites;
- Credit card and payment information;
- Location, including via IP address;
- Cookies and similar technologies;
- Purchase, transaction, return, and exchange information;
- Birthdate and age;
- Wish list;
- Device information (e.g. device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, IP address);
- The manner in which you use our Site (e.g., search terms used, pages visited);
- Social media information and other content you provide;
- Demographic and socioeconomic information; and
- Other Personal Information, including information that you have disclosed to us in our communications with you, by phone, email, or in person.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, for example from forms you complete, preferences you express or provide, or products you purchase.
- Indirectly from you, for example from observing your actions on our Site.
- Automatically from you, for example through cookies as you navigate through our Site.
- From third-parties, such as our marketing partners, third-party websites, or other unrelated third-parties, in connection with the products and services we provide to you.
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect certain non-Personal Information about how you use our Site. This information is used for statistical purposes and to provide personalized marketing content.
2.Use of Your Personal Information
Carolee Business Activities. We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Provide you with products and services, including managing product returns or exchanges, authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
- Perform certain transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our products;
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
- Enable our advertisers to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
- Prevent fraud and allow for safer e-commerce shopping experiences;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run our business; or
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
3. Sharing of Your Personal Information
Carolee does not, and will not, sell your Personal Information to third parties. At times, we may share your Personal Information as follows:
- With our group of companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries;
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. We process and share your Personal Information to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform support services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those support services;
- With other persons with whom you have requested, we share information in order to fulfill services you request;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce or comply with our Terms and Conditions of Use or other applicable agreements or policies, (c) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our services, or (d) to protect us, users of our services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- With others, for any purpose allowed by law.
Location of Servers and Transfer of Information to the United States. The Site is hosted by servers in the United States and we operate our business globally. Some countries may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. If you are located, for example, in European Economic Area or Switzerland (collectively, “Europe”), your Personal Information will be transferred to the United States and possibly to other jurisdictions (e.g., to the location of a property for which you have requested information), which are not considered to provide an adequate level of protection under your local data protection laws. We, therefore, provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by applicable law. For transfers from Europe to the United States, or other non-European jurisdictions, we have implemented the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and other approved mechanisms to protect Personal Information, as required by applicable law. As permitted by data protection laws, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below.
4. Legal grounds for the collection, use, sharing, and other processing of Personal Information
Certain jurisdictions, including those in Europe, require the identification of the legal grounds for the collection, use, sharing, and other processing of Personal Information. Carolee relies on the following legal grounds for its collection, use, sharing, and other processing of Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement:
- Necessary to provide information or otherwise carry out the performance of a contract with you as an individual;
- Our legitimate interests, including:
- Performance of the contract with you;
- Implementation and operation of a group-wide matrix structure and group-wide information sharing;
- Customer relationship management and other forms of marketing and analytics;
- Fraud prevention, misuse of company IT systems, or money laundering;
- Whistleblower scheme operations;
- Physical, IT, and network perimeter security;
- Internal investigations; and
- Intended mergers and acquisitions;
- Compliance with legal obligations and/or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor law, social security, and data protection, tax, and corporate compliance laws;
- Protection of the vital interests of any individual;
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Carolee; and
- Consent, as permitted by applicable law.
5. Your rights concerning your Personal Information
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
- Marketing Communications.If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from Carolee, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or contact us using the link at the bottom of the message. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, however, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, returns or product-related inquiries, surveys or recalls, or any questions regarding a specific order.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies.Please review your browser or computer settings for certain cookies and see below to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Your Rights under the CCPA
California residents have the right, following a verifiable request, to access (twice in a 12-month period, free of charge) the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, and the business purpose for collecting the Personal Information for the 12-month period prior to the request (“Right to Know”).
- California residents have the right to request that we delete their Personal Information we have collected or maintained, subject to certain exceptions set forth in the CCPA (“Right to Request Deletion”). Please note that we may not be able to honor deletion requests in all cases, including when your Personal Information is subject to a statutory exception. Those exceptions include, for example, when we need to retain the information to: (i) complete a transaction or otherwise perform a contract between us and the consumer; (ii) detect or protect against security incidents or fraud; (iii) comply with legal obligations; and/or (iv) as otherwise set forth as an applicable exception under the CCPA or other relevant privacy laws.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title.
- For additional information on our categories of information collected, sources of collection and business or commercial purposes of such collection, please email us at email@example.com.
European Union and European Economic Area Privacy Rights
Europe and certain other non-US jurisdictions maintain local data protection regulations that confer certain data protection rights on individuals. Carolee will address those rights where required by applicable laws. If applicable, and you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set out below.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is processed, and, to request access to the Personal Information. The access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. This is not, however, an absolute right, and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
- Right to rectification:You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten):Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you, and we may be obligated to erase that Personal Information.
- Right to restriction of processing:Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In that case, your data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain limited purposes. As Carolee processes and uses your Personal Information primarily for purposes of carrying out the contract for a services relationship with you, Carolee will have a legitimate interest for the processing which will override your restriction request, unless the restriction request relates to marketing activities.
- Right to data portability:Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Information about you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object:Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information.
- Right to file a complaint: Where permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That’s why we have adequate technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. For example, we provide the option to encrypt all information you submit to us using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology that helps protect information during transport to our Site. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
7. Data Retention
Depending on the service you require, we will retain your Personal Information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or as set out in our contracts with our business partners, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by a law that applies to us.
This Site is not intended or directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information, or knowingly track the use of our Site, from children. If Carolee has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then Carolee will take the appropriate steps to delete such Personal Information. If you believe that a child under the age of 16 (or other age as applicable in a different jurisdiction) has provided Personal Information to us on this Site without the consent of a parent or guardian, or if you wish to delete your child’s Personal Information collected from this Site, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Information Collected Through Technology. Information is also obtained in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. In accordance with applicable law, Carolee uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly, and better understand the needs of our customers.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies:These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies:These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies:These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and ask to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Site and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. We will not collect these cookies from individuals in Europe without proper consent.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Site. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Site or on third-party websites.
For more information about our ad service provider and its cookies, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, you may visit In addition, users may prevent Google’s collection of data generated by your use of our Site (including your IP address) by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
10. Changes or Other Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material change in how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process Personal Information, we will prominently post an updated Privacy Statement on our Site. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective after our posting of the updated Privacy Statement or as otherwise required by applicable law. Where required to do so by law, we may seek your prior consent to any material changes we make to this Privacy Statement. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
11. Comments and Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or wish to correct or update your Personal Information, wish to unsubscribe from any industry updates you have requested by modifying or deleting your profile on the Site, or need to access this Privacy Statement in an alternative format due to a disability, please contact us.
86 34th Street
Section DS Floor 3
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Carolee strives to maintain an ADA compliant website and is committed to providing an online environment that is accessible to all visitors. We recognize that accessibility and usability are not always possible in every area of the website or for those using screen readers or other devices to assist viewing of the website.
If you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of our website or need any assistance with this website please contact us.
If you have found an inaccessible area on our website, please be sure to specify the specific page and provide us with any other information you may think will help us locate the area. We will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible to you. If such page cannot be made accessible with any available tools we will work to make a text version available to you. If you have a need for a specific electronic format, please contact us. Please provide the format that you require the content to be in, the web page address of the material and your contact information. We welcome your questions about this accessibility policy and your comments on how to improve this website's accessibility.
CONTENT OF USE
We love your post and know others will benefit from seeing it on our website. As you consider allowing us to publish your post, we want to make sure you know exactly how we intend to use it. You can provide your permission for Carolee to use your image, video or other content by replying to our Instagram or Twitter post with YEStoCarolee. By providing your permission, you represent and warrant that you own the content and there are no other entities with ownership claims over it. You grant Carolee a non-exclusive and non-revocable commercial right to reproduce the content in any form (including, but not limited to, video, internet posting, reproduction, display, email, publication, and distribution), either through our own services or services provided by third parties, throughout the world in any medium now known or later developed and without restriction or limitation. You agree that your content may be used by Carolee either alone or in conjunction with sketches, cartoons, captions, films, art work, textural matter or other photographs. While Carolee will make commercially reasonable efforts to give you credit for your content and provide a link back to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account when applicable, you agree that such credit is not mandatory and your permission for us to use your content is not contingent upon such credit being given. You waive any right to inspect and/or approve the finished work incorporating the content or the advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use of which said finished work may be applied. Further, you waive any claims to royalties with regards to your content or our finished work. Last, you agree that if any provision, or any portion of any provision, contained herein is determined to be invalid under any statute or rule of law, then it shall, to that extent alone, be deemed omitted, and the remainder of this Content Use Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This Content Use Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York. If you don’t agree to these terms, we completely understand, and no further action is required. Thanks again and please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.